Club Rooms > Courtyard
Entrance to the Club and courtyard is through a large ornamental wrought-iron gate. Materials salvaged from demolished buildings formerly at the three universities decorate the garden space. The end wall has columns on each side rescued from Appleton Chapel at Harvard when it was demolished in 1931. The fountain and back wall are comprised of stones from the old Yale Library and the Princeton science building, torn down about the same time. Over the back wall peeks the rose stained glass window from the Smithfield United Church. Cleveland graystone paves the courtyard and was a gift from Thomas Watson (Yale), president of the Club in 1935. During the warmer months, the space is perfect for small receptions or cocktail parties.